Apple Tree Erlenbach
Group Leader (Baby Group)
Päd. Fachpersonal (Miterzieherin, Gruppenleitung etc.)
80% - 100%
01. Februar 2021
From Februar 2021 the Apple Tree is seeking a Swiss recognised or qualified childcarer - Fachfrau Kinderbetreuung or equivalent to lead a small children's group of 6 to 8 children with a team of 2-3 other childcarers.
The Blossoms team consists of a group leader, with a deputy to the group leader, an apprentice and a Praktikantin.
The Apple Tree in Erlenbach is a recognised childcare and early years facility licensed by Kanton Zurich in the Gemeinde of Erlenbach.
We offer day care for children aged from 6 months until school age, in four groups with children, settled into their groups which are structured according to the age of the children. There is a baby/toddlers group, and two pre-kindergarten groups for ages 2-4 years and an after-kindergarten facility.
This position is the baby and toddler group. The facility is bilingual and preference will be given to native speakers of German or English.
An overview of the duties is as follows:
• Leading a group for children aged 6-23 months of age (6-8 children per day).
• Supervision of up to three personnel, including the supervision and education of an apprentice and an intern. Introducing them to good practice and correct methods in the institutional early years setting.
• Managing a hygienic and safe environment for the group. Ensuring the safety of the children and the staff inside and outside of the facility by resolving and reporting any problems early to the management.
• Ensuring that the concepts of the institution are implemented during the daily activities for the group with some participation in daily rotas (eg kitchen, maintenance of infrastructure by some of your team members during the day for up to one hour per day).
• Planning age appropriate activities for the group and managing a small related budget each month.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• A Swiss recognised qualification (SBFI or EDK recognised) for early years (ages 0-Kindergarten).
• At least two years work experience as a group leader post qualification and preferably obtained in Switzerland or a high quality institutional setting.
• Initiative and insight into daily workings and a solution based approach to issues.
• A native speaker of English or German.
• You understand how to work with ages 6 months to two years.
• Experience of supervising and training interns and/or apprentices in the group setting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work with children, parents and team members.
Please send your application per email (scanned PDF preferred) - a CV, Swiss Qualifications and last two available references. Please email to email@example.com. We do not require postal applications.
Swiss PreKindergarten GmbH
S Locklin, Founder
076 392 3229